All the materials we use are high quality and adapted to the intended use.
As a manufacturer we guarantee:
Renson grants the end customer a 5-year warranty on parts of the terrace covering that was provided and installed by an authorised Renson distributor. The warranty period begins on the day of delivery to the end customer.
- Electrical components (heating, speakers, lighting, etc.) and controls are covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Somfy Motors are covered by a 5-year warranty.
- Colour and gloss of the powder coating is warranted for 5 years. If you register the covering and can prove that the covering is cleaned and protected annually with the Renson Maintenance Set, you receive an extended paint warranty to 15 years.
- 10-year warranty on the adhesion of the powder coating.
- 7-year warranty on the Fixscreen technology: zip stays in side channel + optimal attachment of the zip.
- Crystal screen (fully transparent screen, applied as a window) is covered by a 2-year warranty.
This “Renson Warranty” only applies:
- On the products and accessories supplied by Renson. Product modifications and accessories with materials other than those that were offered by Renson are not covered by the warranty and may suspend the Renson Warranty.
- On correctly mounted products and accessories. This also includes the correct connection to the surface and/or walls according to building regulations.
- On defects that occur during normal maintenance and within normal operating and climatic conditions and are demonstrably caused by a material, construction or manufacturing defect.
- If the installation was carried out by an authorized Renson dealer.
The warranty does not cover the following types of damage and/or defects:
- Damage due to normal wear and tear or age or caused by the customer’s or a third party’s actions.
- Minor aesthetic defects (inherent in the production process), discoloration or deformation of components, provided they do not impede the normal functioning of the product.
- Creases/folds of fabric.
- Damage or defects caused by abnormal use and/or lack of maintenance. The term “abnormal use” is understood to mean any misuse, unsafe behaviour, wrong or forced use and unprescribed adjustments or modifications to the product and/or parts thereof.
- Damage or defects caused during transport or storage and defects caused by inexpert installation, repair or intervention by the customer or a third party, or use of parts that are not in conformity or not recognized by the technical department at RENSON® Damage and/or defects caused by intense exposure to harmful atmospheric conditions or abnormal weather conditions (storm, hail, lightning and water and fire damage) or mounting with weak or unsuitable materials.
- Damage caused by exposure to a harsh environment resulting from industrial or manufacturing activities or from high salinity.
- Damage or defects resulting from installation of the product without complying with the installation instructions provided.
- Damage or defects caused by use of the product without complying with the operating, safety and maintenance instructions provided and/or without respecting the technical limits of use.
- Damage caused by assembly taken place with too weak fixing material.
- Damage caused by fluctuations in the power supply that exceed the default by 10% or more.
- RENSON® is not responsible for glass breakage (e.g. through faulty installation or uneven heating of the glass)
Any defect in conformity shall be reported in writing to your Renson distributor/installer within a period of two (2) months from the time that the defect is determined. Any defect reported after the period mentioned above will not be considered and warranty claims will therefore be inadmissible.
In case of any claim on the warranty, Renson will always examine the product and decide whether the warranty covers the defect. If the defect is covered by warranty, Renson will not be liable in any way for any consequential loss and/or possible physical accidents, with the exception of any liability under mandatory statutory provisions. Renson Sun Protection Screens will not be liable in any way if damage occurs which is due not only to a defect in the product but also to the fault or negligence of the customer or a person for whom the customer is responsible.
Contact your Renson installer/distributor in case of malfunctions. Only replace defect parts with original Renson spare parts. Only these meet the safety requirements that Renson stipulates. Inexpert repairs involve risks for the user, for which Renson can not be responsible.